Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 November 2011

I Was Denied Natural Justice: Naidu

TO SEEK LEGAL REMEDY

Ordering a probe without issuing a notice is unfair, says TDP chief


Hyderabad: After the High Court ordered a CBI probe into his assets, opposition leader N Chandrababu Naidu has said the court should have served a notice to him and sought clarification before ordering a probe.
"Had the court served notices, I would have explained the facts. Without seeking my clarification, a probe has been ordered which is against the principles of natural justice," Naidu told reporters in Vizianagaram, where he is on a padaytara, on Monday.
The Telugu Desam chief said he would take legal steps on denial of "natural justice" after consulting legal experts and party seniors.
"I have disclosed my assets and assets of all my family members. I have already declared that if any one says that I have benami assets I offered to give the same to them. I have also offered one per cent of my assets to those who brought the so-called benami properties of mine into light," Naidu said.
Naidu recalled that the then Congress leader YS Rajasekhara Reddy had filed as many as 18 petitions in the Supreme Court, the AP High Court and  in the Delhi High Court. Congress leaders Kanna Lakshminarayana and P Upendera too filed several cases. But the cases failed to stand in the court of law. "Even after YS Rajasekhara Reddy became chief minister he set up 24 commissions of enquiry against me but could not prove any allegation,'' he recalled.
``Had the court served a notice before ordering a probe, we would have taken all these facts to the court. And the Court would have heard the facts before its action. As TDP leaders filed a case against YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in the court, they filed a case against me," Naidu said.
In a press release TDP leader Dadi Veerabhadra Rao pointed out that the court ordered CBI probe into illegal assets of Jagan after hearing the arguments of both the parties. But the court did not complete the arguments of Vijayamma's advocate in Naidu's case and ordered a probe against Naidu. This is against the principles of natural justice,'' he said.
"We expected that the court will seek clarification from Naidu before its action. We respect the court's decision. But, at the same time, we will take legal action demanding natural justice," the TDP leader declared.

quotes
I have disclosed my assets and thoseof all my family members. I have also offered to give it away if any one says that I have benami assets. _ N Cahndrababu Naidu, TDP chief

After YSR became CM, he set up 24 commissions of enquiry against me but could not prove any allegation. _ N Cahndrababu Naidu, TDP chief

No comments: