Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 March 2011

Wait and see what I do: Nagam

Express News Service
First Published : 08 Mar 2011 05:24:42 AM IST
Last Updated : 08 Mar 2011 08:22:24 AM IST

HYDERABAD: Telangana TDP Forum convenor Nagam Janardhan Reddy, who created a flutter in the Assembly by raising Jai Telangana slogans, received a flood of telephone calls from people from almost all the districts of the region. The callers included not only TDP activists but also Osmania University professors, advocates and students. Nagam poured his heart out while answering the innumerable phones calls.

Excerpts from a quick interview with Express:

What was the provocation for you to stall the proceedings?

The TDP took a pro-Telangana stand in 2008 and my strategy in the Assembly on Monday was in accordance with the party’s stand.

Your own party MLAs allege that you have a personal agenda to push the T cause hard in the party.

I have no personal agenda. Everyone knows my character.

Not many seem to believe what the TDP says on Telangana. What should the party do to reverse the trend?

The people are for Telangana. A party can survive only with people’s support. A leader survives as long as the party survives. So, the people’s agenda is my agenda.

You urged the deputy speaker to give you an opportunity to speak. What did you want to say?

I wanted to highlight the injustice meted out to Telangana right from 1968. I had prepared my speech.

T Devender Goud launched his own party and failed to enthuse voters. Some feel that you may end up like Goud. What is your comment?

Ask that gentleman (Goud) why he launched the party, why he merged it with the PRP and why he rejoined the TDP.

There is an opinion that you are singled out in TDP.

I am not alone in my fight. People are with me.

You are penning a book, Nenu _ Naa Telangana. Now, will you include the role of Chandrababu Naidu in the book?

I will also highlight the Seemandhra media’s role.

Will you stall the Assembly tomorrow too?

I will not reveal my strategy. When around 100 Telangana MLAs were elected on a common platform and stalled the proceedings, will the House be able to transact any business?

So, when will you make a historic speech in the Assembly before quitting the House?

(Laughs) Wait and see.

No comments: